The NHS website for England (12uc.cn) is the UK's biggest health website, with more than 50 million visits every month.
Information about NHS services can vary in other parts of the UK. Please visit your local NHS website for:
Media review due: 11 September 2021
What we do
彩之网首页We believe it's important that people engage with their health, care and wellbeing so they can stay healthy and help manage any long-term health conditions.
彩之网首页We provide thousands of clinically validated articles, videos and tools to:
- improve people's experience of the NHS
- help people make the best choices about their health, care and wellbeing
- reduce pressure on frontline services
彩之网首页When people need help, our clinically safe, accessible and effective digital content aims to prompt them to take the right action at the right time.
We're not just a website
彩之网首页Millions of people also access our content through:
- partner websites
- internet-connected devices
彩之网首页More than 2,000 organisations share our content, including other NHS websites, local authorities, charities and commercial organisations, from start-ups to large technology leaders.
With our range of APIs and widgets, we have made it simple to connect and syndicate our content.
彩之网首页Read more about our free syndication programme on .
Social media channels
彩之网首页Social media is also an important part of the NHS website service.
We reach millions of people a month through:
How we work
彩之网首页We put users first when creating and transforming our content. We take an agile, iterative approach, starting with identifying the user needs.
We test our ideas with users, and use the feedback we receive to learn and improve.
彩之网首页To ensure our content is safe, accurate and up to date, we:
- source peer-reviewed scientific research from
- must have all clinical content signed off by a member of our NHS Digital clinical assurance team
Find out more about our policies, including our content policy and how we're governed.
The NHS website is commissioned by .
NHS digital service manual
The helps NHS teams design and build consistent, usable digital services that put people first.
- the 12uc.cn frontend library
- prototyping kit
- design principles
- UI styles, patterns and components
- the content style guide
- accessibility and other practice guidance
How we're improving
We're continuously improving the NHS website to help and empower people to engage with their own health, care and wellbeing, and that of the people they care for.
The sets out what's available now, work in progress and what's next.
彩之网首页We have already introduced a new, clearer site design that's more accessible and readable, and designed primarily for mobile devices.
彩之网首页Other examples of the improvements we're making include:
- reworking thousands of pages of clinically validated content, tools and services to better meet user needs and improve accessibility
- publishing new content on commonly used medicines
- modularising our content to improve its availability through syndication
- listening to data and metrics to evolve and adapt our approach
You can read more about the work we're doing on the .
How to get in touch
彩之网首页To contact the NHS website team about anything on the NHS website:
To contact the NHS about something else:
If you're interested in working for NHS Digital:
Page last reviewed: 15 August 2019
彩之网首页 Next review due: 15 August 2022